Monday, March 1, 2010

Pillar 6

Today I went through Pillar 6. Of course I did the visualization which has become a little troublesome for me, I just want to skip it sometimes. Maybe it would be better if I had a more comfortable place to do it I suppose.

So Pillar 6 says:

  • STOP LEANING ON OTHERS
  • Remember that trying to get comfort through someone else is temporary
  • This has never solved the problem, you need to look within yourself and FIND YOUR SOLUTION

I'm getting kinda anxious (oops bad term) to start reading the book itself rather than just the Pillars but I'm almost there. I've felt "OK" too long I suppose so I haven't been keeping up with the Pillars even though they should have all been done by now.

As for how I am doing, today I feel went by fine. Nothing too spectacular (with work and school life can't be too special anyway). Overall, though, OK is better than negative feelings. Once or twice worry tried to creep up on me and I did my best to employ the idea to LET IT COME IN. In fact, what I do is challenge it! I say come on! You need to come in, this needs to be at it's worst so I can get over it. Miraculously the feeling goes away, and using this method it never got to the point where it really bothered me.

I will keep trying this to see if it helps me avoid depression/anxiety, GOD willing. I am amazed myself at how it's going to be honest. I feel like a human being can master their subconscious mind! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments courteous and constructive.