Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pillar Eight

Today I read Pillar Eight. Thank goodness, only one more visualization to listen to and then I read the last pillar and the rest of the book.

Pillar Eight
  • DISTRACT YOURSELF ALWAYS
  • Get into HEALTHY habits, such as arts and crafts, going out with friends, exercise, etc
  • FILL EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY

One specific tip mentioned was to go to sleep at night in your quiet moments if you can't distract yourself (but even then you should put on loud music and sing along or whatever). Now for me the whole problem was I felt I couldn't sleep until my girlfriend was home safe and sound (which doesn't happen till 12-1am) but even while staying up I am bearing with it a lot better.

I must say though, I FEEL THIS HAS BEEN WORKING. I am not a "Linden Method" promoter I am just someone who, honestly decided to try this out myself, without consulting anyone, and it just makes sense. It's something for those who don't know how to give themselves the right tips to help them move in the right direction. DISTRACTION has been one of the most useful things to me against worry. I know that I have a problem, RECOGNIZING that is very important, but because I know, I also am able to fight it. When I start worrying I think of pizza most the time and it helps, oddly enough.

Find your own distraction. Tell yourself there is nothing to worry about. Remember how many people live in peace though they are in much more volatile situations. Put your trust in GOD, imagine yourself placing whatever you worry about into God's hands, or some beam of light, whatever works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments courteous and constructive.